For example, normally, protein is broken down into amino acids which are then reconverted by the liver into enzymes, which are essential to vital life processes including helping the body break down foods. Stress and improper nutrition can disrupt enzyme and pancreatic bicarbonate production thus decreasing the body's efficiency. This decreased vitality can promote fatigue and other diseases.
There are some external factors like smoking, excessive drinking, depression, age and lack of exercise, which aid these causes in disrupting proper digestion. Some common causes of indigestion are:
- Stress: The digestive system is controlled by the nervous system, and so any kind of stress, afflicts digestion.*
For instance, when our body is under stress, it releases the hormone cortisol which causes the liver to produce excess sugar that cannot be processed by the body. This makes you feel more hungry, and hence reach out for high sugar, fatty foods, which in turn leads to improper digestion.
- Environmental Toxins: Toxins like pollution, radiation, chemicals, additives in foods, play a vital role in the health of the digestive system.*
- Drugs: Most medications are harmful for the digestive system and interrupt the digestion process.*
- Eating Habits: Swallowing food with improper chewing, and eating an improper combination of food are the most common causes of digestive problems.*
- Improper diet: Eating junk and processed foods that lack essential nutrients, fiber and raw foods also interrupt the digestion process.*
- Antibiotics: Broad spectrum antibiotics destroy all bacteria, including the good bacteria that assist our bodies in improving health through proper digestion,*
What is Probiotics?*
Probiotics can be easily defined as microorganisms found in fermented foods which are introduced into the GI tract via ingested food or supplements. Probiotics that list the organism prominently and provide a potency guarantee through the printed expiration date have been found to provide significantly more beneficial bacteria than probiotic foods. Probiotics supplements can enhance a person's health to a significant degree. These probiotic microorganisms are known for their ability to aid the digestive system and even help assist against occasional digestive disorders.
The friendly Lactobacillus acidophilus bacteria helps with the absorption of Vitamin B and K, along with fatty acids and minerals such as calcium. Probiotics also help in the digestion of dairy products through the assistance of lactose metabolism. Probiotic bacteria also lowers the pH of the intestine, which promotes a healthy digestive environment.
Probiotics, according to the World Health Organization, are "live organisms, which when administered in adequate amounts, confer a health benefit on the host." "Probiotic” literally means "for life" and probiotics are coming to the forefront of medicine as beneficial bacteria supplements to help restore the vital micro flora in our digestive tracts. Lactobacillus acidophilus is one of the most important probiotics in our body.
Probiotics are available in foods and dietary supplements (for example, capsules, tablets and powders) and in some other forms as well. Examples of foods containing small and unreliable amounts of probiotics are yogurt, fermented and unfermented milk, miso, tempeh, and some juices and soy beverages. Probiotic foods are not the best or most reliable source of probiotic bacteria. These friendly bacteria should only come from Lactobacillus or Bifidobacterium species and are not only perfectly safe for pregnant women, infants, toddlers, children and pets of any age, but also essential for optimum health.
However, all probiotics may not be beneficial to your health. For example, you need to know if the strain is beneficial for you. Not all species of beneficial bacteria provide equal health benefits. Effects from one species of probiotics do not necessarily hold true for others, or even for different preparations of the same species or strain. This is why you must rely on a reputable probiotics manufacturer to research and formulate its own probiotics with the best and most beneficial bacteria available. Probiotics that have a clearly stated potency guarantee through the printed expiration date for each strain and offer a protective delivery system to ensure full potency is delivered to the GI tract is your best bet.
Selecting the Correct Probiotic Supplement*
The following tips are the most important things you need to look for when purchasing a probiotic supplement:
- Look for the International Good Manufacturing Practice certification (cGMP), which will ensure that you are receiving the highest quality probiotic that meets unequaled standards. This also guarantees that the product has been tested for potency and safety in all stages from the culturing of the bacteria through the printed expiration date.
- You must also look for a potency guarantee for each strain listed on the bottle label through the printed expiration date. The listing must include the strain, not just the genus and species. Without the strain listed, you may be getting worthless bacteria.
- Probiotics must be stored and shipped refrigerated for the bacteria to live. Several probiotic companies claim that they have shelf-stable products but these have never been proven effective.
- Avoid probiotics that have yeast or soil organisms present.
- If you are looking for a probiotic in powdered form, look closely at the label for a probiotic with its intrinsic supernatant (culturing medium). This provides nourishment for the probiotic and has been found to increase the benefits of the probiotic by up to 50%.
- The packaging is an important way to keep the bacteria protected. Dark glass bottles and tin lids protect the probiotics from the damaging effects of light and moisture and will prevent potency loss.
What is Natren Healthy Trinity and how does it help you with these problems?*
Natren HEALTHY TRINITY dairy free gelatin capsules are the ultimate for total health. HEALTHY TRINITY can transform your health every day.
HEALTHY TRINITY can:
- Optimize Digestion*
- Assist with digestion of dairy products through lactose metabolism*
- Help against occasional gas, bloating and constipation*
- Help produce B vitamins*
- Supports better digestion of carbohydrates and proteins*
HEALTHY TRINITY is the preferred choice with 30 billion cfu's (colony forming units) of three naturally occurring super strains of beneficial bacteria. Even one problem can undermine your total health, whether it is irregularity or minor indigestion. HEALTHY TRINITY may be the answer for you!
100% potency guaranteed through the printed expiration date.
The information provided on this site is for informational purposes only (the links to the source of the information are provided below):